The fifth full-length album by highly acclaimed folk singer Dar Williams released on September 25th, 2001 by Razor & Tie records contains a collection of live recordings from Dar's shows at the Calvin Theatre in Northampton, Massachusetts, the Orpheum Theatre in Boston, Massachusetts, and Irving Plaza in New York City in the fall of 2000.

The album contains 19 tracks, 16 songs, a 3 introductions to the songs and banter with the crowd.

Track List:
  1. As Cool As I Am
  2. If I Wrote You
  3. Spring Street
  4. I Won't Be Your Yoko Ono Intro
  5. I Won't Be Your Yoko Ono
  6. February
  7. The Ocean
  8. Better Things
  9. Iowa
  10. End Of The Summer
  11. We Learned The Sea
  12. Are You Out There Intro
  13. Are You Out There
  14. When I Was A Boy
  15. What Do You Hear In These Sounds
  16. After All
  17. The Babysitter's Here Intro
  18. The Babysitter's Here
  19. The Christians And The Pagans

Dar writes in her liner notes:
"I used to see people on the covers of live albums, some looking stoic and adored, some sending a flourish of sweat into the lights. They all looked like they belonged on stage. I lover performing, and I've been doing it for a while now, but when I look at the cover of this album I'm still amazed that I'm not singing into a hairbrush."

While no album can ever can ever capture the true energy of being in the audience of a live concert, the CD does go a long way to try and show the amazing talent that Dar brings to her shows and puts into each performance. There is a good mix of her upbeat melodies like "As Cool As I Am" and "The Christians and the Pagans", and her slow serious songs like "February", and "The Ocean"

Also appearing on the album are Steuart Smith, Steve Holley, Gail Ann Dorsey, Jeff Kazee, and the cheers, screams, and applause of the numerous people who were at those concerts.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.