Ovation is a guitar brand, with a distinctive rounded fibreglass back.

The Kaman Corporation (founded in 1945 with the intent to revolutionize rotary wing flight) invented the Ovation guitar in 1966 after touring the C. F. Martin Company, then the most successful guitar manufacturer in the United States. Aerospace technologies and materials were used in an attempt to create a guitar with perfect tone.

Charlie H. Kaman, founder and chairman of the Kaman Corporation said,

In helicopters, the engineers spend all their time trying to figure out how to remove vibration. To build a guitar you spend your time trying to figure out how to put vibration in. But vibration is vibration.

The Kaman Corporation controls several music-oriented companies:

Guitar:

Percussion: Accessories:

See the Everything Guitar Project meta node for infomation on other guitar manufacturers.

O*va"tion (?), n. [L. ovatio, fr. ovare to exult, rejoice, triumph in an ovation; cf. Gr. to shout: cf. F. ovation.]

1. Rom. Antiq.

A lesser kind of triumph allowed to a commander for an easy, bloodless victory, or a victory over slaves.

2.

Hence: An expression of popular homage; the tribute of the multitude to a public favorite.

To rain an April of ovation round Their statues. Tennyson.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.