A PC Thug is someone who takes political correctness way too far. They're usually very radical and very arrogant. (I got the term from The Simpsons. The episode where Mrs. Hoover calls Lisa a PC thug who is the reason women like her can't get a date.)

Some examples of PC Thuggery:

Now sit, Ingvar, sit. Young women in Sweden, Germany, and Australia have a new cause: They want men to sit down while urinating. This demand comes partly from concerns about hygiene–avoiding the splash factor–but, as Jasper Gerard reports in the English Spectator, "more crucially because a man standing up to urinate is deemed to be triumphing in his masculinity, and by extension, degrading women." One argument is that if women can't do it, then men shouldn't either. Another is that standing upright while relieving oneself is "a nasty macho gesture," suggestive of male violence. A feminist group at Stockholm University is campaigning to ban all urinals from campus, and one Swedish elementary school has already removed them. In Australia, an Internet survey shows that 17 percent of those polled think men ought to sit, while 70 percent believe they should be allowed to stand. Some Swedish women are pressuring their men to take a stand, so to speak. Yola, a 25-year-old Swedish trainee psychiatrist, says she dumps boyfriends who insist on standing. "What else can I do?" said her new boyfriend, Ingvar, who sits.

The racist in your refrigerator. "Animal Group Calls Milk Racist," said the headline in the Burlington (Vt.) Free Press. Yes, indeed. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals was at it again, arguing that milk is a racist beverage because "tens of millions" of blacks, Latinos, Asian-Americans, and American Indians are lactose intolerant, while most Caucasians are not. Sunshine, on the other hand, racistly burns more whites than minorities.

Children victimized by reading. A feminist professor says reading aloud to one's children is an act of violence that represses the young, forcing them into the jail of patriarchy and cultural structure. Children are unaware of this abuse, says Peggy Kamuf of the University of Southern California, because the psychic pain involved is so great that their memory is repressed.

Sadistic cop a victim in Abner Louima case. New York policeman Justin Volpe, pleading for leniency after his conviction in the horrific brutalizing of Haitian immigrant Abner Louima, told a defense psychologist, "I was the victim." The psychologist said that when Volpe was punched during the brawl that preceded Louima's arrest, he was overcome by "fear, anxiety, physical pain, and momentary disorientation," leading to a sense of powerlessness that caused his torture of Louima.

Can't they play without violence? The British Labor government authorized a pamphlet urging teachers to ban the children's game of musical chairs on grounds that it promotes aggression and allows the biggest and strongest children to win. Sue Finch, the booklet's author, said: "Musical statues is better because everybody wins." Good idea. Let's get rid of all the damaging kids games. Goodbye to pin the tail on the donkey and monkey in the middle (violence toward animals), jacks (sexist), and hopscotch (obvious mockery of limb-deficient disability).

Shut up and carve your pumpkin. Professors at the Modern Language Association convention, the annual gong show of the academic world, are famous for turning every discussion into a wacky lecture on homosexuality, gender, class, or race. A pre-convention request for academic papers on Martha Stewart asked these probing questions: "How does Stewart's work serve to construct notions of whiteness and middle-class heterosexual identity? What would Prof. Judith Butler make of Stewart's aggressively heterosexual performance? What is the function of nostalgia in Martha Stewart? Is it an 'imperialist nostalgia' . . . ?"

Pummeling dead poets. Walt Whitman wasn't a bad fellow, but he didn't understand that words like mankind, man, and his are sexist, so editors at Bandanna Books (Santa Barbara) decided to alter his poems, eliminating man and inserting new unisex pronouns (hu, hus, hum) for he, his, and him. "Hu will never sleep any more and hu did in the cot in hu's mother's bedroom," says one of Whitman's refurbished poems. Hu's sorry now?

These instances were taken from three articles by John Leo, which are available at:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/990809/9john.htm
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/001204/04john.htm
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/000821/21john.htm

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.