display | more...
Built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel and Digby Wyatt during 1832-4, it orginally formed the London terminal for the Great Western Railway. This huge Victorian station consists of a giant arch structure with a glass roof, making it feel a bit like a greenhouse. The huge roof was necessary to ensure steam from trains could escape. The interior has many ironwork decorations.

Nowadays Paddington station still serves trains from London to the West country. It lies on the Bakerloo, Central, District and Hammersmith and City underground lines.

Paddington station's famous namesake Paddington bear is so called because he was discovered there.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.