Previously

Tom:

By the time you get this Jane and I will be gone. Just for the record, and I have to apologize for everything we’ve put you through recently, but you and a couple other people have been under investigation for a security breach. All of you have been put through the events of the past week so we could determine who was leaking information and how big the ring was. It’s true that I screwed up those two lines of code. I owe you an apology for that and it’s also true that Jane was pregnant but she had a miscarriage a little over a month ago. My idea was to take her back to meet her step-brother’s roommate again. Jane ended up in Chianti with me which worked to my advantage. I’ve loved her for as long as I’ve known her and I finally asked Jane to marry me. I was the one who broke into her office the other night. She didn’t know I was going to do that. I wanted her files so none of this would be on her record. As you know the first half of our experiment did not go according to plan. Jane blames herself for that even though I was the one who made the coding error.

Right now Jane is someplace safe. I wanted a place where we could be alone for a while. We found the leak and just so you know someone in security was selling information to our competitors. Jane is at risk because she knows about the mole. There’s no way to contact her and the story is she quit for personal reasons. I’m asking you to keep this information confidential. You’ve passed all the security tests we’ve put you through. I know you can be trusted and now Jane does as well. We’ve decided to shut down the wormhole operations for a while. I was the last person through it and I took the liberty of putting all three keys in a safe spot where no one who knows what they are will find them. I’m sorry I won’t be seeing you again anytime in the near future. This last part has nothing to do with work but I wanted you to know that Jane and I are getting married at the end of the month.

We’re going back to Chianti for our honeymoon. That’s where it all started and that’s where we want to go. You’ll be getting a raise for your cooperation. Jane lobbied for that a while ago but we didn’t know who was selling corporate secrets and you were one of the potential candidates. The weather is just about perfect here. Jane packed a picnic lunch for us the other day. Sometime you’ll have to come visit us at our new place. We put an offer in on a place near the river. Jane likes to walk by the water and it’s off the beaten path which is nice for me because I’ve always hated listening to the freeway at night. Good luck running things the way they are now. I’ll be back in a couple weeks to check in with you. Until then, take care, don’t look for me or Jane because the only place she’s going to be is in my future.

Best wishes and thanks again for all your help.

Jack

P.S. If Jane has a boy we’re naming him after you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.