When I was in high school, I frequently found myself awake and hungry long after my parents had gone to sleep. As I never wanted to wake my parents, the food-making process precluded usage of pots, pans, ovens, toasters, or anything making more noise than the steady hum of my computer. Being in a family where healthy eating habits were a major concern severely limited my ability to snack, as 'normal' munchable things like chips and cookies were generally not to be found. Thus, out of desperation, the Peanut Butter and Cream Cheese sandwich was born!

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Take a clean butter knife and spread cream cheese to one of the slices of bread.
  2. Wipe the butter knife on the crust of the bread to remove excess cream cheese.
  3. Spread peanut butter on the other slice of bread.
  4. (optional) Enjoy with a cool glass of milk.

Notes: Always apply the cream cheese first! It is much more difficult to remove peanut butter from your spreading tool, and finding a mixture of ingredients in your refrigerator the next morning is not very pleasant. Also, while the glass of milk certainly aids in preventing the attachment of peanut butter to the roof of your mouth, I've also found that eating the sandwich with the peanut butter facing away from the roof of your mouth aids in the ease of consumption. YMMV, but as always, have fun and you cannot fail!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.