A fictional corporation in White Wolf's World of Darkness roleplaying games. It is both mammoth and corrupt; it is dedicated to the destruction of the environment, the extinction of the Garou, and the eventual enslavement of humanity. It manufactures products ranging from fertilizer to action figures to fast food to roleplaying games. Each of its products, in some way, contribute to the supernatural decay of the human species. The action figures it sells, for instance, are made with a plastic which affects developing nervous systems, such as those found in children -- giving those children more violent tendencies. Pentex is one of the most powerful tools of the Wyrm and the Weaver.

That said, I would hasten to point out that while admittedly many aspects of the World of Darkness line of games have strong anti-corporate and anti-technological sentiments, they by no means say that all corporations and all technologies are bad. But some -- like Pentex -- are corrupt, just as some corporations in the WoD are benificent. They're realistic about it. Pentex just happens to be a major antagonist.

Frighteningly enough, in the real world, Pentex Incorporated is a munitions manufacturer based near Seattle, WA.

Meanwhile, pentex.com sells air ionizers, including a personal model that has apparently been marketed on the Oprah Winfrey show. The idea of entrusting my personal atmosphere to a company calling itself Pentex is rather frightening.

However, their Web site has some banners and logos that are just ominous enough to be begging to be ripped off by some WoD fan. Get to it, Bjorn.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.