Philadelphia Eagles Fight Song



The Philadelphia Eagles fight song is played at NFL home games in Veteran's Stadium. The Philadelphia faithful rejoice in touchdowns scored by the team with the following lyrics:

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.

Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1,2,3.

Hit em' low, hit em' high, and watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory!

E A G L E S - Eagles!

Lyrics courtesy of http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com

This fight song was in use for many years before the team was moved into Veteran's Stadium in the 1970s. In the late 1990s the fans brought the song to the attention of owner Jeffrey Lurie in response to the ever popular Washington Redskins fight song.


In today's incarnation of the fight song at the Vet the fans will gather in seating sections and have a "sing off" where they will attempt to sing it better (read: louder) than another section which is usually next to it. This usually results in many loud, drunken, large Philadelphians screaming at one another about how much MORE devoted to the team they are than the next guy.


The re-introduction of the song has elevated the fan support for the team during games. During the 20 or so years when the song was absent, the only cheers the fans had for the team were the typcial spelling cheer ( E A G L E S ) and "CHARGE!". With a "real" song to sing, the atmosphere at the stadium has become more like that at a college football game, and less stoic than it had been in the recent past.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.