Pinewood Studios is a major movie/television setup located 20 miles west of London. Built in the 1930's, it expanded over the years by acquiring Shepperton and Teddington studios to become the UK's version of Hollywood.

The studios have 41 stages for use in production. Many British TV shows are recorded on Pinewood sets. The real history, however, comes from the huge listing of movies produced on their stages.

All of the James Bond movies were at least partially fimed at Pinewood, to the point where they built a special 007 stage to accomodate the directors. This set, for some reason, seemed to have issues. It burned down in 1984, was rebuilt (and re-christened Albert R. Broccoli's 007 Stage), but it had another fire in 2006. They rebuilt it in months.

Other notable movies filmed at Pinewood include The Fifth Element, Stardust, Sweeney Todd, The Bourne Ultimatum, The Dark Knight, and in 2010/2011, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I and II.

Morwen says: They also did the Carry On films there. Apparently the 007 soundstage is the largest in the world at various points in it's history (due to rebuilding it).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.