This wu has two (2) parts to it. Let's begin with the facts:

Guitar picks are, of course, little plastic triangles. This makes pink guitar picks into innocuous little gay pride symbols. I have seen them used as a component on the hemp chokers of my bisexual hippie friends. Some people just ritually carry them in their pockets or wallets, even if they are utterly incapable of playing a guitar.

Of course, in a tight spot, it's just a guitar pick, and you didn't know it had any special meaning.

Nevertheless, if you're in the know, you don't even need gaydar to decode the politics of a prominantly displayed pink guitar pick.

One day, my lesbian sister and I were doing the dishes, and we got to talking about straight guys who become seriously attracted to a woman when they miss incredibly obvious signs that she's gay. We decided to write a song about it, since we performed at a weekly open-stage night at a local coffeehouse. Which brings me to part two (2) of this wu, the song itself.

This has become a favorite song of audiences at open-stage nights and poetry readings at my college. If you really want to perform it, jump around a lot on stage, because it's a high energy piece. It has been performed to several different tunes, so make up something that fits your vocal range.


"Pink Guitar Pick"

Well, I saw her pull into the parking lot
Just a couple of weeks ago
And I watched her run her fingers through her short purple hair
And I felt my blood start to flow
And I knew she'd be cool
Cause on the back of her car
Was a sticker of a rainbow

(sing twice)
Oh-ho-ho-ho
Oh-ho-ho-ho
Rainbow on the back of her Geo Metro

She's got a Lilith Fair t-shirt
And a pink guitar pick
And a Righteous Babe Records decal
She plays a mean acoustic
With wicked strings
And I want her to be my gal

(sing twice)
Oh-ho-ho-ho
Oh-ho-ho-ho
Rainbow on the back of her Geo Metro

So I started to watch her when she drove in
For a couple of days or so
And I've seen how nice she is to her friend Hillary
And that's the way I wanna go

(sing twice)
Oh-ho-ho-ho
Oh-ho-ho-ho
Rainbow on the back of her Geo Metro

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.