The Pizza Nova jingle is one of the classic sounds of Toronto, the sort of thing students gather to sing together when drunken. Only really heard on the radio, it is a great singalong and makes me a bit homesick. It goes thus:

Four-three-nine-oh-oh-oh-oh PIZZA NOVA!
Four-three-nine-oh-oh-oh-oh PIZZA NOVA!
A real Italian pizza with flavour you can savour!
Get a real big grazie and do yourself a favour!
So pick up the phone and call us, pick up the phone and call us now!
Phone-a Pizza Nova, pick up the phone and get a CIAO!
(slower bit)
Four three nine!
And some more zeroes!
Four three nine, lots of zeroes! Pizza Nova!
(speeds up again)
Four-three-nine-oh-oh-oh-oh PIZZA NOVA!
Four-three-nine-oh-oh-oh-oh PIZZA NOVA!

Pizza Nova is one of Toronto's oldest and probably best pizzerias, together with Pizza Pizza, and has successfully resisted the invasion of bigger American chains like Pizza The Hut and Domino's.

In response to this song, the other pizzerias tried to come up with their own jingles, but, "967-11-11, Call Pizza Pizza hey hey hey," and, "241-0-241 buy one always get one freeeeeeee" could never have hoped to compete.

"Simply The Best!"

And so true. Pizza Nova is not the biggest pizzeria franchise in Ontario, but it is high-quality circle of food, especially when compared to its major competitors (Pizza Pizza, Pizza Hut, and 2 For 1 Pizza). And unlike those heathen opponents of the chain, the blessed Coca-Cola is the beverage of choice for the store.

Pizza Nova is officed at 2247 Midland Ave. in Scarborough, Ontario, with their flagship store at 2272 Lawrence Ave. E. It is family owned, and has grown from one store in 1963, to over 100 franchise locations, and continues to expand. In addition, Pizza Nova has opened in both New Jersey and Florida.

On top of all this, and another test of popularity, the Pizza Nova song is a popular sing-a-long for drunk students across the southern half of the province.

If you'd like to order pizza from Pizza Nova, call (416)439-0000 if you are in the Toronto area, or check their website at www.pizzanova.com for your local store's phone number. Store operation hours are:

Monday to Thursday 11am to 1am
Friday and Saturday 11am to 2am
Sunday 11am to 12am

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.