Part of the three-section entertainment district called Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World that contains - The Marketplace, Pleasure Island and The West Side. This is an island of sorts that contains nightclubs in a themed environment of music, lights and fun.

You can start your night at Mannequins which features the Worlds Largest rotating dance floor and hard pounding dance beats. Also has a decent gay crowd, and guest DJ's.

Across the street you will find The Pleasure Island Jazz Company, which features a more relaxed environment with appetizers, cigars and live jazz bands from the world over.

Next door you can two-step into the Wildhorse Saloon with live bands, beer and loud country music. Perhaps try and line dance?

When you need a break from the rednecks go to the Rock ‘n Roll Beach Club, here you can listen to a decent cover band or get a drink in a bucket used to hold sand. A bit of trivia, the Beach Club used to be a roller skating rink as well until they realized that alcohol and roller skates do not mix.

8-TRAX is up next and here you will be thrown back to the 70’s with a dance floor that is tiny, disco beats that are loud and cool old videogames upstairs. Thursday night’s feature 80’s tunes so expect to hear Duran Duran a few times.

The Comedy Warehouse is one of the two smoke free clubs on the island and features improv comedy at its finest. Try and sit at the end of a row to be near the phone that might ring to make you part of the show.

The Adventurers Club takes you back to a fictional gentleman’s club from the 1920s. This club not only has interactive shows but interactive people as well. You never know whom you might meet and what stories you might learn. Be sure to stay for a while as different mini-shows happen all night long.

The final club is the BET Soundstage club; this features urban beats and hip-hop flava.

Pleasure Island is open every night of the year from 7pm-2am and has a pay one cover charge for all clubs policy. ID is required; anyone under 18 must be with their parent at all times. Mannequins and BET Soundstage are 21 and up only.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.