A good defense against Superman, Pocket Full of Kryptonite is also the title of the Spin Doctors' major label debut. The album is, if you like this sort of thing, arguably the group's best. It includes the pop hits Two Princes and Little Miss Can't Be Wrong.

Many erroneously believe that Pocket Full of Kryptonite is also the name of the first track on the album. Although this geek love song does feature the phrase "I've got a pocket full of Kryptonite," the correct title is Jimmy Olsen's Blues.

Pocket Full of Kryptonite was recorded at the Power Station, RPM Studios, and Acme Recording Studios, all of New York City, in August and December of 1990. It was mixed at Acme in January of 1991, the year of its release on Epic, a division of Sony Music. Peter Deneberg and Frankie La Rocka produced, with assistance from Frank Aversa.

In addition to the Spin Doctors themselves -- Aaron Comess (percussion), Mark White (bass), Eric Shunkman (guitar), and Chritopher Barron (vocal) -- the record also featured the talents of John Popper, of Blues Traveler fame.

The full track listing:

Jimmy Olsen's Blues
What Time Is It?
Little Miss Can't Be Wrong
Forty or Fifty
Refrigerator Car
More Than She Knows
Two Princes
Off My Line
How Could You Want Him (When You Know You Could Have Me)?
Shinbone Alley
Hard To Exist

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.