Babylon 5 Season 2 Premiere (Episode 1). Written by J. Michael Straczynski, directed by Janet Greek. Originally aired on November 2, 1994.

Primary Plot: Captain John Sheridan takes command of B5 after Commander Sinclair is permanently reassigned as an ambassador on Minbar.

Secondary Plot: A renegade Minbari war cruiser, missing since the Battle of the Line, threatens to destroy the station.

Tertiary Plot: Sheridan finds out the truth about what happened to Sinclair at the Battle of the Line--that he was discovered to have the soul of Valen while being interrogated with the Triluminary. Since it is sacred for Minbari not to harm other Minbari, and since other Minbari souls might be in other humans, the Grey Council decides to surrender and end the war.

Commentary: This episode, necessarily so, covers a whole lotta ground. Sheridan (Bruce Boxleitner) is introduced to replace the departing Michael O'Hare in the lead role. According to JMS, O'Hare, and various other sources, O'Hare's departure was amicable and agreed upon by both sides--JMS was unhappy with the direction the Sinclair character was going. O'Hare returns for guest appearances in the following episodes: The Coming of Shadows, War Without End, Part One, War Without End, Part Two.


Return to the Babylon 5 Episode Guide.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.