Now this is a recipe for a very simple, creamy potato salad which goes wonderfully with anything you can throw on a barbecue (lamb chops (the cut of meat, not the puppet), steak, sausages, chicken) as well as cold meats, or even on its own. I've called it a Polish Potato Salad because it's the one my mum has always made (and she's a fine Polish lass if ever I've met one), however this is not necessarily a traditional Polish recipe, even though it contains many of the same ingredients as my Polish Potato Soup. This salad is incredibly easy to make, and every one of my friends claim it's the yummiest potato salad they've had. I guess I've had the added benefit of a mother who could make anything she cooked taste awesome, but regardless, this salad rocks! So.....

Ingredients

Preparation

Peel and boil as many potatoes as you need. Once cooked, strain and leave on a tray to cool. Once the potatoes are cold, chop them into cubes of about 1cm and pop them into a bowl. Finely chop your fresh dill and add. Be generous! Now add your mayonnaise, sour cream and heavy cream in a 2:1:1 ratio. Season with salt and pepper and mix. If the salad is a little dry you haven't added enough mayo and cream so adjust to taste. If it tastes a little bland, add more salt. That's all there is to it. Enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.