I read the "About Our Company," I trekked through the timeline, but I still can't tell which is the parent company, or who owns what, or who's in charge. Regardless, somebody here is making quantities of pencils, markers, crayons and such. www.prang.com is your one-stop source very much information about the many fine Prang / Dixon / Ticonderoga products.

Such as . . .

The Dixon® Golf Pencil
Get with the game! You'll drive home the point with Dixon's golf pencil. Easy-to-find bright yellow color keeps it at the ready - on or off the golf course. Short in stature, this pencil is long on performance. Perfect for lottery kiosks, survey forms, questionnaires, and of course, golf.

Prang® Hygieia® Chalk
Don't be left standing in the dust - make the switch to America's favorite dustless chalk - Prang Hygieia. Prang's Hygieia makes clean distinct marks on chalkboards for maximum visibility and contrast, and erases cleanly with no ghosting. Finally - a chalk that wears well on the chalkboard - not on you!

Dixon® Ultra!™ Pen
A little dab will do! Dixon Ultra! pen quickly takes care of unwanted errors and helps you reach documentable perfection. Dab it on for quick and easy adjustments. Correction fluid goes on easy - a little goes a long way. Gives superior coverage with no strong odors to take your mind elsewhere.

Oh, and word on the street says their crayons are made of SOY.

See also Joseph Dixon, Louis Prang.

One of the coolest thing about Prang crayons, aside from tasting almost exactly the same as Crayola, was that they used to come in a plastic attache case, each crayon with its own individual slot. It was the perfect gift for the budding yuppie.

Of course, how many lawyers carry around crayons in their briefcases nowadays? Not enough, I assure you.

PRANG is Primate Tang, referring specifically to non-human primates, or monkeys. It is manufactured by Bio-Serv Inc. of Frenchtown NJ as a carbohydrate and electrolyte supplement for primates being kept in captivity, especially for primates in need of quick rehydration.

A sugar-free version is made for diabetic monkeys.

Available in six yummy flavors (Orange, Cherry, Grape, Strawberry, Bannana and Apple), PRANG can be purchased directly from Bio-Serve in powdered form (1kg powder makes 36 liters of Prang. Prices range from $44.14/kg (1kg) to $28.12/kg (20+kg).)

PRANG is a NOT a registered trademark of Bio-Serv.




So enough with this serious "factual writup" bullshit -- we're talking about MONKEY GATORADE here. Who could take that seriously? And who can ignore the utter coolness of the name: PRANG!

PRANG PRANG PRANG!! Yippie!! PRANG!

!PRANG!

prangprangprangprang

WAITER: Hello, sir, could I fix you a nice tall glass of PRANG?"
HANS: "Sie haben PRANG?"
WAITER: "Well, you see, I've got your PRANG right here . . . "

prangityprangityPRANGPRANG PRANGPRANG

Ok, enough. Had to get that out of my system.

Prang: a slang term, especially in Upper-class British or colonial society (particularly in 1900's RAF) for a crash, an accident, a collision of a vehicle with other vehicles or stationary objects. Now regarded as a bit stilted and archaic.

e.g. : I say old chap, Biggles pranged his kite over occupied France and is hiding behind enemy lines!

Lometa lists this as Pilots' Jargon, but the meaning has broadened - I have heared prang used to refer to automobile accidents.

This word is sometimes used as jocular slangy flavouring for more mundane collisions. Impartial notes that in australian english, prang is still in common use, to describe car accidents, bike accidents or even skateboard accidents.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.