To Prophecy in Eye of the World
Prophecy in The Dragon Reborn

Part Two of Thirteen. See Prophecy in Eye of the World for further information.

Pg. 66
"For he shall come like the breaking dawn, and shatter the world again with his coming, and make it anew."

From The Karaethon Cycle , foretelling the coming of the Dragon Reborn. Rand Al'Thor, in addition to being the Dragon Reborn, is the Aiel He Who Comes With the Dawn, and once Rand proclaims himself, he breaks Tear, Illian, Cairhien, Andor, (indirectly), and the Aiel.

"Daughter of the Night, she walks again.
The ancient war, she yet fights.
Who shall stand against her coming?
The Shining Walls shall kneel.
Blood feeds blood.
Blood calls blood.
Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.

The man who channels stands alone.
He gives his friends for sacrifice. Two roads before him, one to death beyond dying,
one to life eternal.
Which will he choose? Which will he choose? What hand shelters? What hand stays? Blood feeds blood.
Blood calls blood.
Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.

Luc came to the Mountains of Dhoom.
Isam waited in the high passes.
The hunt is now begun. The Shadow's hounds now
course, and kill. One did live, and one did die, but both are.
The Time of Change has come.
Blood feeds blood.
Blood calls blood.
Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.

The Watchers wait on Toman Head.
The seed of the Hammer burns the ancient tree.
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great
Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great
Lord comes.
Again the seed slays ancient wrong, before the Great
Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood.
Blood calls blood.
Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

This may or may not be a Dark prophecy, but judging by later events, it is. The Daughter of Night is Lanfear, who is walking again as Lady Selene. I don't know what the "ancient war" is, and I don't know what "The Shining Walls kneel" means. The Shining Walls are Tar Valon, but they haven't knelt. Maybe it refers to Black Ajah sisters. "The man who channels" is Rand, who in various episodes, throws Mat and Perrin about to do various dangerous things, such as Mat killing Couladin. Luc, an Andor nobleman, disappeared into the Blight. Isam was an infant Malkieri nobleman thought dead when Trollocs overran Malkier. Later, a man called Slayer hunts wolves in Tel'Aran'Rhiod, who also refers to himself as Isam, and is probably the man who calls himself Lord Luc, in the Two Rivers. I think Luc and Isam merged into one person, Slayer. Darkhounds, who by legend are part of the Hunt with the Dark One, are also loose. And the Time of Change refers to the coming of a new Age. The Watchers over the Waves are based in Toman Head, where the Seanchan armies, descendants of Artur Hawkwing, who was called the Hammer of the Light, land, and set about destroying Tarabon and Arad Doman, which claims to be descended from those who made Avendesora, the great tree. And the Great Lord is a reference to the Dark One, who will break out of his prison and return to this world.

Pg. 129
"He is born again! I feel him! The Dragon takes his first breath on the slopes of the Dragonmount! He is coming! He is coming! Light help us! Light help the world! He lies in the snow and cries like the thunder! He burns like the sun!"

This prophecy was stated when Rand Al'thor was born, on the slopes of the Dragonmount, where he was prophecied to be born. Not really a whole lot to this one.

Pg. 130
"When the winds of Tarmon Gai'don scour the Earth, he will face the Shadow and bring Light to the world again."

Another portion of the Karaethon Cycle, that says that Rand has to fight the Shadow, or the Dark One, during the last battle, Tarmon Gai'don. There might be some significance in "winds of Tarmon Gai'don", but fligu-kigu if I know.

Pg. 132
There is a storm, and there isn't. It means something, but what?

This isn't so much of a prophecy as a foreshadowing, but this reveals that the Dark One has stopped the seasons from progressing, keeping the world in summer, until the Bowl of the Winds fixes it.

Pg. 328
"Five ride forth, and four return. Above the watchers shall he proclaim himself, bannered cross the sky in fire. . . ."

In The Great Hunt , Rand, Mat, Perrin, Ingtar, and Hurin, ride to Falme to retrieve the Horn of Valere and the ruby dagger. Ingtar dies holding off the Seanchan, so four return. Later, Rand fights Ba'alzamon in the sky, where he is hit by a fiery spear, which many people take to be the Last Battle, and therefore, that the Dragon is Reborn.

Pg. 362
"A white flame, and. . . Oh, all sorts of things."

This is said in regards to Egwene, who later becomes the Amyrlin Seat, which is signified by the White Flame of Tar Valon.

Pg. 387
"Twice and twice shall he be marked,
twice to live, and twice to die.
Once the heron, to set his path.
Twice the heron, to name him true.
Once the Dragon, for remembrance lost.
Twice the Dragon, for the price he must pay."

"Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.
Once for mourning, once for birth.
Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the
rock of Shayol Ghul.
In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men
from the shadow."

Rand has herons branded into his arms twice, both times by Ba'alzamon, the second time, right before he proclaims himself the Dragon Reborn. As for the Dragons, he is marked as a clan chief once, which is to signify when the Aiel followed the Way of the Leaf when he goes to Rhuidean. He is also marked a second time by the Dragons of Rhuidean, but I don't know what price he must pay for it. The second part covers the Last Battle, and seems to say that there will be two dawns that day, and implies that Rand will die and be reborn again at Shayol Ghul. As for the third part, this is achieved by Rand and others sneaking in to the Heart of the Stone and seizing Callandor before Aiel attack and take the fortress.

Pg. 542
"Danger. You are all in some kind of danger. Or you will be, very soon. I can't make it out, but it is danger."

No less than one page after Min says this, Liandrin tricks them into coming to Falme, where she tries to give them to the Seanchan, and Nynaeve, Min, and Elayne are forced to break Egwene out.

Pg. 605
“There was danger, but that was to expected-and new things, too, among the images she had seen before; it was like that, sometimes. A man’s ring of heavy gold floated above Nynaeve’s head, and above Elayne’s, a red-hot iron and an axe. They meant trouble, she was sure, but it seemed distant, somewhere in the future.”

When Min sees this, they are in the midst of their rescue of Egwene, so they were in danger. The ring is the ring of the Kings of Malkier, given to Nynaeve by Lan. I think the red-hot iron and axe has to do with Daved Hanlon, a Darkfriend who tricks his way into being the captain of Elayne’s guard during the Succession, and is planning to kill her when the time is right. He uses an axe.

Pg. 680
"Let the Promised One be born of the mountain, according to the prophecies, as he was in ages past and will be in ages to come. Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs. Let arm of the Lord of the Dawn shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of justice defend us. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."

This prophecy is the core of the Wheel of Time series. Rand Al'thor, the Dragon Reborn, is the Prince of the Morning, the Lord of the Dawn. "Ages past and will be in ages to come" signifies that the literal Wheel of Time always repeats itself. I think the "great sword of justice" is Callandor. I don't believe "green things will grown and valleys give forth lambs" has any significance.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.