Authorized Version | Psalms | Psalm 119

א ALEPH


1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.



Everything Psalter

Back | Up | Forward



From the Great Bible, 1540 edition (known as Cranmer's Bible). Set in the Book of Common Prayer, 1662, for Evening Prayer on the twenty-fourth day of the month.

PSALM 119. Beati immaculati.

Blessed are those that are undefiled in the way : and walk in the law of the Lord.
2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies : and seek him with their whole heart.
3 For they who do no wickedness : walk in his ways.
4 Thou hast charged : that we shall diligently keep thy commandments.
5 O that my ways were made so direct : that I might keep thy statutes!
6 So shall I not be confounded : while I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7 I will thank thee with an unfeigned heart : when I shall have learned the judgements of thy righteousness.
8 I will keep thy ceremonies : O forsake me not utterly.



From the Vulgate, where it is listed, according to the Catholic manner, as Psalm 118.:


Beati inmaculati in via qui ambulant in lege Domini.
Beati qui custodiunt testimonia eius in toto corde requirunt eum.
Nec enim qui operantur iniquitatem in viis eius ambulaverunt.
Tu mandasti praecepta tua custodire nimis.
Utinam dirigantur viae meae ad custodienda praecepta tua.
Tunc non confundar cum respexero ad omnia mandata tua.
Confitebor tibi in directione cordis cum didicero iudicia iustitiae tuae.
Praecepta tua custodiam ne derelinquas me nimis.



The psalm in either case may be followed by the Gloria Patri.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.