Pyrzqxgl is the magic word used for incurring transmogrifications of people into any other form. It is used by Kiki Aru in The Magic of Oz. Of course, a correct pronunciation is required for the magic to take effect.

Bini Aru was an old Hyup who used to be a sorcerer. Kiki Aru was his depressed and disgruntled son, who discovered the magic word when his father had written it, along with a guide to its pronunciation, down on a board in their house. He accidentally stumbled across it in his father's private room when all of his family was out attending a festival on Mount Munch.


"I want the Wizard of Oz to become a fox--Pyrzqxgl!"

The Wizard, who had stood smilingly beside his friends, suddenly felt his form change to that of a fox, and his black bag fell to the ground. Kiki reached out an arm and seized the bag, and the Fox cried as loud as it could:

"Treason! There's a traitor here with magic powers!"

Everyone was startled at this cry, and Dorothy, seeing her old friend's plight, screamed and exclaimed: "Mercy me!"

-- The Magic of Oz, L. Frank Baum.


After Kiki Aru causes some more mayhem with his powers, by transforming a whole slew of people into various animals ("You've bungled things in a dreadful way!" exclaimed the Goose), the Wizard discovers the pronunciation and undoes some of Kiki Aru's work.


Somebody apparently decided to submit this word to the kabalarian database of babynames. An excerpt follows below.

As Pyrzqxgl you have a great love of nature and the out-of-doors, and could have a desire to be in an occupation which takes you outdoors and involves you with the products of the earth.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.