According to an e-mail being sent around en masse, if you type in what is supposed to be one of the flight numbers of the World Trade Center disaster (Q33NY) in Microsoft Word and change the font to Wingdings, it will show the following:

All of which makes for a pretty frightening picture, if you interpret it to mean that some nasty poison is coming next to the people of Israel.

However, before you panic, please note the following:

  • For any flight, the first two characters are letters that are representative of the airline. Therefore, UA would be United Airlines, AA would be American Airlines, and so on.
  • The next 2 to 4 characters are numbers and represent the flight number.
  • There are no characters at the end representing the destination.

Now, let's take a look at the facts of the disaster...

Therefore, unless there was a plane from a company with the letter "Q" (Qantas?) and a flight number like 33NY involved, this story is another urban legend being passed around like wildfire through the Internet.

God, I hate it how these "stories" come out of the woodwork when disaster hits. BTW...I originally sent this out as a reply to somebody who had forwarded me the Q33NY e-mail. Yes, I actually went and researched it out but it was relatively quick and easy so I'm sure than many others did the exact same thing and came to the same conclusions.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.