In Toronto, Queen Street W. or Queen West begins at Yonge Street and travels west turning into The Queensway, just past Roncesvalles. It is a very trendy street in the downtown core as it is home to municipal and provincial services, shops, hotels and attractions like the Eaton Centre, Nathan Phillips Square, CityTv/Muchmusic and dozens of clubs and bars.
Farther west, Queen West travels past a mental hospital, through Parkdale and to the shore of the Humber Bay.
In the past few years, Queen St. W has been transformed into a popular shopping district. With stores ranging from The Condom Shack to The Silver Snail to the Gap to Aldo shoes, the section of the street between University and Spadina Avenues has something for everyone. On weekends during the summer, the street comes alive with street vendors, The Word On the Street book festival, the guy that draws with chalk on the pavement, and the guy with the sign that says "Money for Weed" (the back says -- "Or Beer"). Steps away from John and Richmond streets which house the Paramount IMAX multiplex theatre along with a Sega Playdium and Chapters bookstore, Queen St. West is a lively place day and night.

How to get there: Take the subway to Osgoode station and find the exit that points to University Ave.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.