An album by punk band Bad Brains. Released on September 14th, 1989 on the Caroline label.

The album takes the listener on a journey - from the very first track "Soul Craft" we ascend slowly into Bad Brains domain. By track 5, "Gene Machine" we reach the crest and plateau until track 11, "Prophets Eye" where the listener is slowly put back to sleep. It has many great tracks and the wailing screams of lead singer H.R. are in full force throughout.

Quickness is known as one of the band's best albums in the mainstream. More hardcore punk fans, however, consider the album a bit soft, too much like a rock/metal album. Nevertheless, many musicians count it among their favorite albums.

Quick"ness, n.

1.

The condition or quality of being quick or living; life.

[Obs.]

Touch it with thy celestial quickness. Herbert.

2.

Activity; briskness; especially, rapidity of motion; speed; celerity; as, quickness of wit.

This deed . . . must send thee hence With fiery quickness. Shak.

His mind had, indeed, great quickness and vigor. Macaulay.

3.

Acuteness of perception; keen sensibility.

Would not quickness of sensation be an inconvenience to an animal that must lie still ? Locke

4.

Sharpness; pungency of taste.

Mortimer.

Syn. -- Velocity; celerity; rapidity; speed; haste; expedition; promptness; dispatch; swiftness; nimbleness; fleetness; agility; briskness; liveliness; readiness; sagacity; shrewdness; shrewdness; sharpness; keenness.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.