On December 21, 1957 Ray Romano was born to Al and Lucy Romano west of Manhattan Center in the small neighborhood of Forest Hills, Queens. Ray has two brothers, Rich and Robert. Rich Romano would later become the police officer that is so well portrayed by Brad Garrett on the hit CBS series "Everybody loves Raymond".

All through school he was nicknamed the class clown, even by most of his teachers. At 16 years old, Ray and some friends performed skits at nearby churches, calling themselves "No Talent." They were a big hit.

Ray had never really thought of a career in comedy until the age of 27 when he was very successful at a New York comedy club.

In 1975 Ray, for a short time giving up comedy, studied to be an accountant at the Queens College. Then decided two year's later to quit and pursue his dream of becoming an actor/comedian. In 1987, Ray and Anna Scarpulla got married.

In 1988 Ray had his first appearance on on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, then later with Jay Leno. After several comedy club skits Ray was invited to appear on the Late night with David Letterman in 1995. After his appearance on late night, Letterman's production company Worldwide Pants offered Ray a contract for the purpose of developing a TV sitcom. After a few meetings Ray came up with the idea for Everybody Loves Raymond.

The first episode of Everybody Loves Raymond premiered in September 1996. Romano played a middle-aged father by the name of Raymond Barone.

Lately Ray has written and published his book, "Everything and a Kite." He is currently staring in the black comedy film Eulogy with Winona Ryder, and also will soon start in Scared Guys, a production by Adam Sandler.

Ray and anna have had four children; one girl, Alexandra, and three boys, Matthew, Gregory, and Joseph.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.