Reaper Man is Terry Pratchett's 11th Discworld novel. It is set mostly in Ankh-Morpork with the wizards of Unseen University and Windle Poons, but also in the farmlands where Death (a.k.a. Bill Door) is living out his retirement. You see, Death is gone, for now. He has a life timer of his own; he is beginning to realise why time is so precious to humans, and why they bother with living at all. With no one to replace him just yet, people aren't dying. Oh, sure they die, but they just come right back to life again. Such is the unfortunate predicament of Windle Poons, then wizard, now zombie.

The plot follows along Windle's path, and the strange happenings of Ankh-Morpork (strange little globes, frequent poltergeist activity, trolleys that wheel themselves around, and living compost heaps to mention a few), though most anything that happens in Ankh-Morpork can hardly be considered strange at all.

As our friends in Ankh-Morpork try to figure out what's going on, Death is living it up. He is staying (incognito as Bill Door) with Miss Flitworth as a hired hand to help with the harvest. He learns much in his life on Discworld, as does Windle Poons in his death on Discworld.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.