Official Name for the Civil war that tore apart the Setting of the Role Playing Game Traveller on the advent of the new ruleset called Megatraveller.

The Rebellion started when Emperor Strephon Alkhalikoi was assassinated by Archduke Dulinor of Iliesh, whom he himself appointed in a move originally intended to strengthen the Third Imperium.

Unable to hold on to the Capital, Dulinor was forced to flee back to Dlan, while the vacuum of power his action created led to the formation of many factions struggling for the Iridium Throne thus shattering the Imperium.

The Rebellion setting officially ended with the advent of Traveller: The New Era which was set 84 years after the advent of the Rebellion, and 70 years after the outbreak of self-aware computer virus which effectively had flattened civilization in all of known space and thus made all events of the rebellion seem futile in retrospect.

The main storyline of the Rebellion was later collected and summarized in the TNE sourcebook "Survival Margin", which was the last MegaTraveller and first New Era supplement.

I was a girl geek before it was named.

In junior high, I was in the A group. The honors students were separated out from the rest of the school into two classes, the A class and the B class. Quite literally the A class were the smartest. It did not make us popular and we all disliked each other.

I had pretty much failed recess starting in Kindergarten. No television and I wanted to sing. This was not popular. I went silent, played alone, or listened.

In junior high, my voice was my flute.

We were allowed to skip one class a week for a music lesson. One for each instrument. Flute was on Tuesday.

Well. I added violin and oboe and guitar.

Now I could leave four classes a week, on different days. To go for a lesson. Band and orchestra were the only classes where the A and B class overlapped with the rest of the school. Praise God.

I did have three friends. Other girl geeks. We were the four totally awkward smart ones. There were more pretty and popular smart ones. We were not them.

One was Julie. She played flute too. We took our lessons together.

One day towards the end of 8th grade we went to every class. "We have a flute lesson." We left every single class.

The class did not bust us. The teachers did not keep track and probably have cared less. We were Good Girls.

The orchestra teacher noticed. He stuck his head in the practice room. We were playing duets. He eyed us. "Just keep your grades up," he growled and ignored us.

We played duets all day and talked and laughed a lot. It felt very naughty. We were not naughty at all. No boys, booze, drugs. Just flutes and duets soaring.

Music saves me over and over.


#17: Iron Noder

Re*bel"lion (?), n. [F. r'ebellion, L. rebellio. See Rebel, v. t. Among the Romans rebellion was originally a revolt or open resistance to their government by nations that had been subdued in war. It was a renewed war.]

1.

The act of rebelling; open and avowed renunciation of the authority of the government to which one owes obedience, and resistances to its officers and laws, either by levying war, or by aiding others to do so; an organized uprising of subjects for the purpose of coercing or overthrowing their lawful ruler or government by force; revolt; insurrection.

No sooner is the standard of rebellion displayed than men of desperate principles resort to it. Ames.

2.

Open resistances to, or defiance of, lawful authority.

Commission of rebellion Eng.Law, a process of contempt on the nonappearance of a defendant, -- non abolished. Wharton. Burrill.

Syn. -- Insurrection; sedition; revolt; mutiny; resistances; contumacy. See Insurrection.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.