Born Regis Francis Xavier Philbin on August 25, 1934, He currently hosts the extremely popular, Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, as well as Live! With Regis and Kathie Lee, although as of this writing, Kathie Lee has been replaced.

After graduating from Notre Dame and serving in the Navy, Regis started his show-biz career as a page on the Tonight Show. By the early '60's, Regis was working as a news anchor, sportscaster, and late-night host on a San Diego TV Station. He then became the sidekick on the nationally televised Joey Bishop Show. Being constantly belittled by , none other than "Joey" himself, Regis once walked off the set during a live performance.

Next, Regis had a seven year run with "A.M. Los Angeles", followed by his own, "The Regis Philbin Show". Finally, he teamed with Cindy Garvey on New York City's "The Morning Show", which led to the highly successful "Regis and Kathie Lee" show. By 1994, the show had a weekly audience of 18 million viewers. The success of that show has often been attributed to Philbin's "energy, and the ability to turn the most mundane topics into full-blown conversation pieces."

Besides appearing in numerous TV series, including "Seinfield", "Mad About you", and "Hope and Gloria", Regis has written a memoir entitled "I'm Only One Man".

Appearances include:

  • "The Joey Bishop Show" (1967)
  • "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex"(1972)
  • "The Neighbors" (1975) Host
  • "Almost Anything Goes" (1975) Interviewer
  • SST: Death Flight (1977)(TV)
  • Mad Bull (1977) (TV)
  • Sextette (1978)...Himself
  • Bad News Bears Go To Japan (1978)
  • Mirror, Mirror (1979)..TV Host
  • Man Who Loved Women (1983)..Himself
  • Malibu Express (1985)..Guest Appearance
  • California Girls 1985)...Himself
  • "Live With Regis and Kathie Lee" (1998) TV Series
  • Funny About Love (1990) ...Himself
  • Night and the City (1992)...Himself
  • Perry Mason: The Case of the Telltale Talk Show Host (1993)
  • Open Season (1996)...Himself
  • "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" (1991/1)
  • Dudley Do-Right (1999)..Regis

http://www.internetcity.com/regisphilbin/biography.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.