Welcome to a problem-identifying node of the Pandeism index!!


If there is a loving God and a damnation or similar punishment for those who fail to pick the right God, it follows that reincarnation must exist. Here's the formula that leads to this conclusion:

----

Sub-premise 1a: An infinitely good being (and one could substitute "completely good" here with the same result) would be infinite in every virtuous characteristic.
----
Sub-premise 1b: Patience is a virtuous characteristic (I recall that even the Trix rabbit said this once in a commercial).
----
Minor conclusion: An infinitely good being would have infinite patience.

----

Sub-premise 2a: Man is presented with a limited lifetime that is by definition insufficient to consider the many lifetimes worth of information that has been generated, much less to pick out that information which is vital to the salvation of the soul -- if such salvation exists.
----
Sub-premise 2b: Since a human lifetime is limited, a sufficient amount of time given to determine the right information must, for some, come through multiple lifetimes.
----
Sub-premise 2c: A God that was both eternal and possessed of infinite patience would have the ability and the desire to give each human sufficient time to discover the vital information for salvation.
----
Sub-premise 2d: A God that was omnipotent (whether this omnipotence was relative or absolute) would have the power to permit people to be reincarnated as many times as it took for information vital to salvation to be discovered.
----
Major conclusion: If there is a God that is eternal and infinitely good, and there is a potential eternal punishment for failing to realize certain knowledge in life, then such God must reincarnate us (or permit us to be reincarnated) enough times to discover the information vital for salvation.

----

For those who wish to contest this conclusion, is it that your model of God is one which is not completely or infinitely good, or is it simply one which is not powerful enough to cause or permit reincarnation? But if you wish to point to words in any faith's scripture which contradicts this, have a moment of realization that this would merely establish that said scripture was flawed.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.