One of the most sought after sopranos, among those people who go around seeking sopranos, Renée Fleming was born in Indiana, Pennsylvania. It must have been confusing, being born in two states at once, and might explain her amazing vocal talents since as a baby she had to shout real loud in order to hear herself across state lines. She grew up in Rochester, New York which was a geographic improvement for her vocal cords. Both of her parents were vocal music teachers. It amazes me she didn't rebel against her parental units and become a mime. She graduated from high school, earned her degree from the State Univerity of New York at Potsdam in 1981, and attended graduate studies at the Eastman School of Music in Rochester.

In the mid 1980s, Fleming went to the Juilliard School's American Opera Center in New York City, then travelled to Frankfurt, Germany because they sell higher high notes there on the black market (Shh! Don't tell nobody!). She returned to New York in 1985 to graduate from Juilliard, then made her professional stage debut in 1986. Since then she's won many awards and captivated many audiences by brilliantly shrieking at them at the top of her lungs. Hey. If people keep buyin' the tickets she'll keep breakin' their ear drums.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.