Rep is an abbreviation for Reputation. It is what Everything 2 (E2) calls the net + and - votes on a writeup to be.

See also: XP Voting/Experience System

Search for: reputation votes experience XP #

Brought to you by The E2 Users Documentation Team

Rep is also the short-form name for librep, a version of lisp implemented by John Harper. Rep forms the basis of sawfish and jade.

Also an abbreviation of "repetition" in bodybuilding, as in "doing 20 reps of this exercise." Or so I understand; I don't do any bodybuilding myself...

Rep is an x86 assembly opcode prefix, which can be put in front of most (all?) other instructions.

When used, the following instruction gets executed cx times, or (ecx) times if running in 32bit mode.

Other variants include repne/repnz which executes the following instruction cx times or until the zero flag is cleared.

A reputation for being dangerous to trifle with. (Note: A rep is a distinct underworld asset.) "Get some dude (fellow) with a rep to front for you (whose name you can use for purposes of intimidation) and shylocking (the loan shark racket) is candy (easy and lucrative)."

- american underworld dictionary - 1950

Rep (r?p), n. [Prob. a corruption of rib: cf. F. reps.]

A fabric made of silk or wool, or of silk and wool, and having a transversely corded or ribbed surface.

 

© Webster 1913.


Rep, a.

Formed with a surface closely corded, or ribbed transversely; -- applied to textile fabrics of silk or wool; as, rep silk.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.