Plastic parts getting you down? Wildly inflated bimbos leaving you hankering for unengineered curves? Appreciate the subtle beauty of a nicely choreographed black and white photo?

Consider retroraunch.com.

Vintage erotica... Just like grandma used to make. In fact, the site warns you that they're not responsible for your distress if you find naked pictures of her... Retroraunch.com is full of gorgeous, honest, REAL women, from the roaring twenties to the sveldt seventies... Much of the archive has come from private smut collections which they pore over and often have to touch up after they scan the images...

From bondage to cheesecake, this 'century of smut' offers up the finest from professional vixens like Bettie Page to the girl next door skinny dipping. Hardcore porn? Yup, they've got it. All the orgies, threesome, toys and kink you care to peruse. Stag films from the swingin' sixties? Aye, lad. It's interesting to note that the motivation here is much more genuine, considering that the market for these times isn't what it is today... And naturally, there are lots and lots of garters, fishnet stockings and excellent shoes. Always a plus.

"Its sensuality-for-the-thinking-set approach might appeal to those interested in an alternative to the legions of raw sex-sites out there. Among her vast pictorial archive are historical pictures of dildos from the 1880s and rare turn-of-the-century erotic photos of inter-racial couples. She collects the stuff from almost everywhere."
-New Times
The 'she' here being Hester Nash, the curator of retroraunch.com. They've also done their usability homework, and the site is tasteful and easily navigated. With 27,000 antique images and more everyday, this site flourishes without advertising. It has postcards, a photo of the day and a caption contest in which they place their most perplexing photos. Remember, many of these shots come from private collections and it's pretty hard to tell exactly what's going on... the point is to come up with an amusing caption. These are laugh-out-loud hilarious...

What you'll notice straight away is honesty... Not lascivious, hot! nasty! sluts! but birds with something behind their eyes... Sometimes unabashed, occasionally timid, often playful, these women have a level of involvement rarely seen in modern porn... It's positively refreshing...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.