A male genital piercing through the head of the glans penis (penis head). The piercing is placed vertically, with an entrance point inside the urethra, and an exit point at the top of the glans penis, ranging from about one centimeter from the end of the urethra to further towards the corona of the glans. Initial piercing gauges are from 12g–8g (though this can vary from piercer to piercer), and some individuals may stretch the healed piercing to much larger sizes. Rings are usually worn in the piercing because of the hard-to-reach entrance point, but a barbell could be custom made to account for this. A prince's wand may also be worn through the piercing.

The piercing gets its name from the similarity to the Prince Albert piercing, which exits the urethra through the bottom of the glans.

Healing time varies from person to person, but is generally around 3 months, and is one of the quicker genital piercings to heal. Urination may be uncomfortable for a short period, but will only help the healing process.

Men usually get the piercing for aesthetic or sexual reasons. Some men and women may find a ring in the piercing uncomfortable, and it may be removed prior to intercourse.

Piercings which perforate with the glans penis are the among the most painful for a man to get. Compared to other glans piercings, the reverse PA lies somewhere in the middle of Pain Road — more painful than a dydoe, slightly more painful than a Prince Albert, but not as painful as an ampallang or an apadravya. The most painful part is usually during the insertion of jewelry, but the pain does not last long.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.