<-- Back to the Everything Utena Project
NOTE:This episode synopsis may contain spoilers, and you may not wish to read it if you have not seen the series.

Revolutionary Girl Utena
<< Episode 4: The Sunny Garden - Prelude >>

Characters Appearing in Episode Duel: Utena vs. Miki

Synopsis:
Miki is a 7th grader, who is described as a "beautiful genius" who takes university courses, and who is also a member of the Student Council. He's extremely popular with everybody and is an incredible piano player. Miki always plays "The Sunny Garden" on the piano at school because he wants a certain someone to hear it because only somebody with a sense of inner beauty can play it right.

Utena meets Miki for the first time after class, and is pleased to find out that he has no plans to duel for Anthy. He finds out that both Utena and Anthy did really poorly on their math tests, and decides to come visit them to help them out.

Nanami (in a further attempt to discredit Anthy) tags along with Miki as he visits the East Dorm to help out Anthy and Utena with their math homework. As Miki relentlessly teaches them, Nanami repeatedly pulls out animals from her backpack in an attempt to "find" them and make everybody think Anthy is weird. All of her ploys fail miserably. After dinner, Anthy goes upstairs and begins to play the piano. It's the same piece that Miki was playing before. He has discovered his "glowing thing" again.

Note:
Call me immature, but I can't help but laugh at Miki's constant desire for his "glowing thing" that he lost. I think things have changed, but previously Japanese manga didn't draw penises. Instead, they drew "glowing cones of light". More recent doujinshi and manga still do this, even though there is no more reason than tradition to do so. Anywho, that's why I always laugh at Miki's desire for the "glowing thing" that he lost.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.