<-- Back to the Everything Utena Project
NOTE:This episode synopsis may contain spoilers, and you may not wish to read it if you have not seen the series.

Revolutionary Girl Utena
<< Episode 7: Juri's Unfulfillment >>

Characters Appearing in Episode Duel: Utena vs. Juri

Synopsis:
Utena and Juri meet each other for the first time. It is Juri's turn to duel and so she provokes a fight with Utena. She accuses Utena of not being worth the Rose Signet that she wears and tell sher to take it off. She doesn't believe Utena's sentimental story and challenges Utena to a duel to prove to her the power of miracles.

Flashback to Juri's past. When she was younger, she and Shiori both loved the same guy. Shiori knew of Juri's feelings and told Juri that he thought most of her, and to believe in miracles. However, Shiori told him that Juri was in love with somebody else, and by that stole him from her. From that day forth, Juri has not believed in miracles, and actively tries to disprove them.

Juri and Utena fight in the dueling arena. Juri is obviously a much better swordswoman than Utena is and easily dodges Utena's advances. Fighting her own internal battle and insisting that there are no miracles, Juri manages to disarm Utena. As Utena is kneeling before Juri, the sword which Juri disarmed comes flying down, knocking Juri's rose off. Juri can't believe it, and wants to believe that it is a coincidence and not a miracle.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.