Rice Noodles (Yay!) With Green Pea Shoots and Grape Tomatoes
Use fresh rice noodles for this, if you can find them. But dried will do. Fresh noodles take only a moment to cook, so once they are added to boiling water, add the green pea shoots, drain them almost immediately and then turn them into a serving bowl. Toss these with very small grape tomatoes and the following sauce:

Mix together shoyu, fresh lime juice, thin matchsticks of ginger, minced garlic, a bit of orange juice.

Sesame Tofu
Slice cotton tofu into rectangles approximately a quarter inch thick. Coat a baking tray with a mixture of sesame oil and grapeseed oil. Move the tofu around on the tray to coat the underside with the oil, then turn it over and sprinkle the top with lots of white sesame seeds. Don’t use black sesame seeds on white tofu because they look like something that should not be there (a bit like bugs). Salt lightly and broil for 5 minutes or bake for 15 to 20 minutes, checking periodically. The tofu will brown somewhat, the seeds will turn a golden colour, but it is best not to allow the tofu to dry out too much.

Peppers and Snap Peas
Cut cubanelle and red peppers into bite-sized pieces. Trim the ends from the snap peas. Heat a griddle and use a very small amount of grapeseed oil to sauté the vegetables, beginning with the snap peas as they take longer to cook. Add the peppers and continue sautéeing. Then mix some black bean sauce with a little water, pour it over the vegetables and continue to cook until most of the water evapourates.

Would you like to do to Vegetarian Meals That Aren't Just Brown Gack?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.