This is the essential line from Better Than Ezra's Rewind on the Friction Baby CD. (Yeah, yeah, I know; Dannye is obsessed with Better Than Ezra, yadda, yadda...) But how many times has this happened to you?

You hear a song at someone's house or on the radio and your brain just flashes images in your head, and it's always the same images for that song when you hear it. It's hard-linked to your psyche, isn't it? I don't know how many of these I have, but it's at least 100. And I'm trying to get more.

This BTE song is the only one I know which ever explored this topic. Just another reason to listen to them right goddamn now, if you haven't.

Happens to me all the time. There are often pop songs which are very briefly popular and fade quickly into obscurity. Years later when some radio station happens to play them, you instantly remember what was going on in your life in the era that the song originally came out. It tends to not happen with songs that are extremely popular because they tend to be played for a longer period of time and you just remember the general time and not specific events. It's amazing how vividly a song can bring back memories, though; Freestyle music tends to take me back to my junior high and high school years because that's what I listened to back then.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.