Ripped Fuel is a dietary supplement manufactured by the TwinLab wing of VitaminLab. It is based on a ECA Stack, Ephedra Caffeine and Aspirin, only without the aspirin included in the formula. Ripped Fuel raises the body's metabolism, increasing the amount of calories that the body burns. The body will extract these calories from stored body fat. This supplement is used in combination with good diet and exercise routine by those wishing to decrease their body fat percentage.

Unfortunately this combination of ingredients, especially the high ephedra totals, tend to make this supplement a bit risky to consume. The side effects includes anxiousness, mood swings, hyperactivity, paranoia, increased blood pressure and heart rate, and in some extreme cases, stroke and heart attack. These side effects seem to be more severe when Ripped Fuel is taken by those who do not exercise.

Ingredients:

Chromium                200 mcg
Guarana Seed Extract    910 mg
Ma Huang                334 mg
L-Carnitine             100 mg

Other Ingredients: 
     Gelatin, Cellulose, Purified Water, MCT, Silica,
     and Magnesium Stearate.


TwinLab also produces Ripped Fuel Extreme, which is the same as the basic formula, only with considerably less Ma Huang, and more complicated extra ingredients. This removes a majority of the ephedra content from the supplement, and supposedly, most of the risk.

Ingredients:
Coleus Forskohili       166mg
Guarana                 200mg
Ma Huang                20mg
Citrus Aurantium        5mg
            
Other Ingredients:
     Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex, Green Tea Leaf Extract,
     Ginger Root, White Willow Bark Extract, and Cayenne Fruit.


The advice that is most given when it comes to Ripped Fuel is to ease into using the supplement, rather then immediately taking the recommended amount found on the label. By taking one dose first, gauging your body’s reaction, and then increasing dosage as comfortable, one can find a reasonable level for their bodies. The idea is to be careful, and be careful of the signals your body is trying to give you.

Both Ripped Fuel and Ripped Fuel Extreme is a staple of most dietary supplement stores, such as GNC here in the States.


Resources
http://www.vitaminlab.com/product.cfm?selected_items=6381
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/weight-loss-etc/ripped-fuel-side-effects.htm
http://www.nutritionalsupplements.com/rippedfuel.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.