Roastaroma is an "herbal" tea from Celestial Seasonings. Most caffeine free teas are either fruit based with citrus and/or berry or herb based with ingredients like mint, chamomile, licorice. So, when I saw the name Roastaroma on the shelf of a health food store I was at a bit of a loss for what to expect as ingredients. The answer was odd enough that I just had to try it: roasted barley, roasted chicory, roasted carob, cinnamon, allspice and Chinese star anise.

What does it taste like? According the "blendmaster's notes" on the side of the box:

This full bodied, caffeine-free alternative to coffee has been a trusted favorite for over 30 years. It blends the robust flavors of roasted chicory and barley, plus a hint of chocolate from roasted carob and a touch of cinnamon and allspice.

I may have an underdeveloped palate but the cinnamon and allspice are lost and the rest combine to taste like toast smells. If you have a hard time imagining what that's like I apologize but I'm pretty sure my first real impression of the taste was the smell of toast. I don't really find that terribly appealing but some people may. Adding honey, on the other hand, creates a breakfast cereal flavor that's pretty good.

IRON NODER THE THIRTEENTH

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.