This soup will let you cook and node at the same time.

Rough chop Roma plum tomatoes and place them in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and lash extravagantly with extra virgin olive oil. Put them in an oven pre-heated to 400 and turn down to 300. Now you can go off for two hours, write nodes, clean your desk, whatever.
Then come back and take the tomatoes out of the oven. They will have reduced and caramelized. Let them cool.

Rinse and drain some pickled roasted red peppers or better yet, roast and peel some if you have time. Better yet, use the pickled peppers and go do another write-up while the tomatoes cool.

Open a tin of stewed plum tomatoes. Prepare a pot of vegetable stock and place it next to a blender. Purée the stewed tomatoes, the roasted peppers, and the roasted tomatoes and add them to the stock. Use ladles of the stock to moisten the contents of the blender when necessary.

Bring the bisque to a boil and season with more sea salt, fresh black pepper, fresh (or dried) basil and oregano, Spanish sweet paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and ground ancho chillies. Serve garnished with long shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano using a vegetable peeler to carve the cheese.

Make some crostini to go with it and you can eat with one hand and type with the other.

Note: According to conventions in contemporary cooking, a bisque is not necessarily a cream-based soup.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.