Rob Paulsen, voice actor

Robert Paulsen was born March 11, 1956 in Detroit, Michigan. Growing up, he had designs to become a hockey player, but instead found himself drawn to acting. He spent a number of years in New York City performing in off-Broadway theater, and after some minor stints in front of the camera on shows such as "MacGyver" and "St. Elsewhere", Rob was invited to do a voiceover for a commercial. In 1985 he was offered his first cartoon gig, playing Gummo, the young brash addition to Disney's series "The Gummi Bears."

From there, Rob become a full-time voice actor, taking on roles in numerous 80s cartoons, including "Transformers", "G.I. Joe", "The Flintstone Kids", "DuckTales", and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", where he has played and continues to create the voice of Raphael.

In the 1990s, Rob moved from being an intermittent character voice into several starring roles, including Max on "Mighty Max" and Yakko on Warner's "Animaniacs." But it was his role as the sweetly stupid lab rat Pinky that earned him his most acclaim, including his first Annie for voice acting and later, a Daytime Emmy. In 1995 he took on the job of Arthur on the cult classic "The Tick", and the following year he revived his role of Hadji for the series "The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest."

Today, Paulsen provides voices for a number of television shows, including Jimmy Neutron's friend Carl on "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron" and Buck Tuddrussel on Cartoon Network's "Time Squad." In addition, he has done over 100 commercials since that first one twenty years ago, and has appeared in numerous video games, including 2004's highly-anticipated Doom 3.

When not working, Rob enjoys playing hockey, golf, and spending time with his three children. He is also active in a number of charities benefiting children fighting cancer.

Selected Voiceography

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.