Robert W. Smith is one of the most popular and prolific composers of educational and commercial music in America today. He has over 300 publications with such publishers as Warner Brothers, CPP/Belwin, Hal Leonard, Jenson, Studio PR, Musicworks, and Columbia Pictures. His compositions and arrangements have been used in a variety of situations, most recently in the celebration of the 700th anniversary of the Grimaldi dynasty in Monaco.

Mr. Smith is currently teaching at Troy State University in Troy, Alabama, where he serves as Director of Bands. He has also taught at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, where his teaching responsibilities were focused in the Music Industry program and include courses in all areas of commercial writing and production, record company operations, and music merchandising. He also conducted the Symphonic Band between 1995 and 1997.

Works composed by Robert W. Smith (in no particular order): Encanto; Into the Storm; Africa: Ceremony, Song and Ritual; The Inferno, The Ascension, Purgatory, and Paradisio from the Divine Comedy; Songs of Sailor and Sea; Suite for Flute, Winds and Percussion (world premiere given April, 1997 by the JMU Symphonic Band and Carol Kniebusch Noe), The Winds of Poseidon, Incantations, The Tempest.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.