Atari 2600 Game
Produced by:Activision
Model Number:AZ028
Atari Rarity Guide:3 Scarce
Year of Release: 1983

This Atari 2600 game is a very nice Tank simulation game that is similar in some ways to the arcade game Battlezone. You begin the game with 4 lives and you earn an extra life for every squadron of enemy tanks that you knock out. The game is played from a first person perspective, (plus a radar screen). This game has a few features that Atari games often lack, such as weather effects and both daytime and nighttime action.

Here are some hints from the instruction manual, written by game designer Alan Miller:
"If your tank is damaged, and it's night, keep track of the time using the
military clock. If it's close to 0500 hours, then you may decide to wait
for the weather alert. Conditions may improve from the previous day, and
your next offensive may prove more successful.”

Alan Miller

Alan Miller is the programmer on this title. Alan did a whole bunch of games that were quite decent for their time, but are complete jokes today.

This game is valued at around $3 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more. If you buy this kind of thing then there is probably little I can do to convince you to avoid it. I suggest getting a hobby that actually brings enjoyment as opposed to just compulsively collecting worthless arcane trinkets. At least try to get this one in a lot of games, don't order this one all by itself.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.