Rocky Mountain Way, a rock song by Joe Walsh remains a familiar (and popular) song to many, and though many don't know it's name, Rocky Mountain Way is a catchy tune that should be recognizable to most people.

Though with only two verses and the chorus (which is repeated once), a stunning five minutes of uniquely Joe Walsh rock will rock your world (forgive the cliché, but it will).

Rocky Mountain Way was released in 1973, featured on the Joe Walsh solo album "The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get", and also making an appearance on the 1997 solo album "Little Did He Know..."

Joe Walsh uses his strangely humourous wit to put together a great song that you won't forget. It begins with a 30-second guitar intro, then enters into the regular song, followed by two minutes of truly unique guitar work that rivals many of the musicians of today. Plus, it was written by Joe Walsh himself, something many musicians of today can't claim to have done.

Rocky Mountain Way (with guitar chords)

Joe Walsh

E E D A (4 times)

E7 E7 E7 E7 E (6 times)

E A G E

Spent the last year Rocky Mountain Way

E A G E

Couldn't get much higher

E A G E

Out to pasture think it's safe to say

E7

Time to open fire

A7 E7 E

And we don't need the ladies cryin' cause the story's sad Ah ha

A7 B7

Cause the Rocky Mountain Way is better than the way we had

E7 E7 E7 E7 E (4 times)

E A G E

Well he's tellin us this and he's tellin us that changes it every day

E A G E

Says it doesn't matter

E A G E

Bases are loaded and Casey's at bat playin it play by play

E7

Time to change the batter

A7 E7 E

And we don't need the ladies cryin cause the story's sad Ah ha

A7 B7

Cause the Rocky Mountain Way is better than the way we had

E7 E7 E7 E7 E (4 times)

Instrumental (as only Joe can do) ....

Also, I have heard from reliable sources that there was an 11-minute-plus version of Rocky Mountain Way, which I believe was done with the Eagles, but I'm not positive about that part... I assure you, you will like it if you listen to it.

References: 1. Ken Anderson from About.com

2. www.joewalsh.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.