A Ronald McDonald House provides a "home-away-from-home" for the families of seriously ill children receiving treatment at nearby hospitals. While health care may be covered by health insurance, it is rare for insurance to cover all of the cost for family members to temporarily move to the hospital location (or somewhere nearby). This is most often used by families who live in rural areas who must travel to a larger city for the child's treatment.

And for a good laugh, see also: Ronald McDonald Crack House

This nodeshell rescued by The Nodeshell Rescue Team.

"Our promise... To continue seeking solutions for the problems facing children and families today - to provide comfort and care to those who need us most."

Ken Barun
President & CEO
Ronald McDonald House Charities

FACTS

-Since 1974, RMHC has helped more than 10 million family members.
-There are 206 Ronald McDonald Houses in 19 countries.
-More than 3,000 RMH bedrooms around the world are available for families every night.
-Each house is run by a local non-profit organization made up of members of the medical community, business and civic leaders, parent/volunteers and McDonald franchises.
-RMHC has donated over $250 million to children's causes since 1984.
-The suggested donation per family per night they stay at the RMH is anywhere between $5 and $20. If the family cannot afford this, their stay is free.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.