Bondage|Japanese Rope Bondage|BDSM|Dom|Sub|Masochist|Sadist|Sex|Sexuality|Sexual Preference|Gay|Lesbian|Straight|Play|Top|Bottom

Rope Bondage is a form of BDSM play that is cheap, inconspicuous and requires minimal skill. It is a very popular sexual activity that is practiced by people of varying sexual preferences both in and out of the BDSM community

Rope Bondage differs from Japanese Rope Bondage in that it usually does not involve complete body wrapping or suspension, and is not often done for artistic purpose.

That being said, let's get down and dirty!

What kind of rope should be used? Nylon is the most popular. It's soft, durable and easily maintained. It's also cheap, comes in many colors and can be gotten almost anywhere. Parachute rope is good for finishing work, but can be more difficult to find. Polypropylene sucks, avoid it. Climbing rope is expensive, stretchy and can be abrasive--but it's GREAT for suspension.

What size of rope is best? It really doesn't matter. Use the best size and length for what you're doing. Usually 1/4" to 1/2" diameter rope is best to start with for general bondage. Length can be from 30' - 50' depending on the size of the person you're tying (the bottom). If you're doing a full wrap or suspension you may want lengths up to 100'...but be sure not to tangle it!

Care and feeding of rope. Wash your rope and air dry it. After it dries, work it back to softness and either store it in a rope chain or neat coils in a cool, dry, dark place. Many Dom's color code their ropes according to thickness and length so they don't get mixed up in a scene.

Safety! NEVER LEAVE THE BOTTOM ALONE WHILE BOUND!!! When the bottom wants out, let them out. Make sure you don't make anything too tight (watch for purple extremities!). Be sure you can untie the knots fast. Keep a pair of safety scissors around in case you can't untie the knots quickly. NEVER TIE ANYTHING AROUND THE NECK!!!

Knot Basics. I suggest the following site to get some ideas about knot basics.

http://www.knottyboys.com

Enjoy and have fun!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.