helpful and demeaning tips:

  • bitrate = 160kbps, 44KHz
  • samples should be quiet, songs should be loud
  • be aware of volume loss. the monitor should bounce to 0dB on the loudest peak, no more, not much less. quiet songs probably shouldn't go quite so high. use yr best judgement
  • mind that parcel! eagle eyes save lives!
  • anything else?

ARE the Corinthians gone for good?
WILL they escape their fates?
HOW will they get out of this one?

STAY TUNED CAMPERS! DEATH IS NOT THE END!











SEKRIT MIX PHILOSOPHISING FOR CORINTHIANS EYES ONLY
(SERIOUS OUR LASER ARE TRAINED ON YOUR DIK, DOCUMENT PEEKER)

We can't get around the fact that our medium of conveyance blows. MP3's lossiness stacks up, and after reripping... it is why billy barty went bad and i am the light of the world sounds foggy. i tried to compensate for the loss on project almaniacal by periodically replacing the beginning part of the mix with an earlier, cleaner version. i don't think it worked. it's annoying enough (to me at least) to warrant returning to the old 'everyone gets a twenty minute chunk of audio' method, which carries with it other advantages (mostly track forwarding).

still, the spirit of round robins is innovation through collaboration. so There's Got To Be A Better Way.

if four people (or teams or whatever) made nineteen minutes of audio (or some progression: 18, 19, 20, 21 = 78 mins), then each section got passed around to be remixed, i think we could conquer the fidelity issue. at least on the whole the mix only gets encoded four times instead of eighty or whatever it is now.

there's all sorts of lazy man issues, but no more than we already have.

and if you all realize you hate me you can just delete that mp3! everybody wins!

if we wanted to do this for operation poppy, i would recommend constructing it in acid or however, then zipping the mixed and virgin audio material together, so at the end you have a finished product and its compenent pieces all in one place. i think this will help with our mixing, maybe enabling cut-up a little better, and i only really mention acid because there's an easy way to do it (save as... -> acd.zip). maybe soundforge or goldwave's acid has something like that too. it's doable by hand, at any rate.

uh uh uh thoughts/feedback?