Runner's, Yeah, We're Different was a magazine ad campaign launched by Adidas. In these ads people were depicted in activities that non-runners would not totally understand or empathize with. The intention behind this campaign was to portray Adidas as a serious running company that could support the needs of devoted runners. The target demographic for this campaign is competetive post-collegiate runners. Examples of the ads were a girl copping a squat behind a tree while a friend stood watch, a naked man covered in mud changing in a public parking lot, a man running through a creek past a fisherman, and a couple of runners sitting on a curb applying Vaseline to some areas of their bodies.

Statistically speaking, the ad campaign was a huge success. Adidas name recognition skyrocketed and sales increased in a previously flat category. The ad was nominated for a Kelly Award as well.

Speaking as a runner, it was very refreshing to see such an ad campaign. The company did a very good job of appealing to the intimate subculture that runners feel to be a part of. I can say that I have taken part in all of the things represented in those ads, and I don't think a non-runner could say that. The ad really showed that the company was making an effort to get in with the running community.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.