SHODAN was a sentient, artificially intelligent computer in the computer game System Shock. While SHODAN originally stood for Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network, the name gradually took on greater overtones.

SHODAN was the villain of System Shock, as was one of the best villains computer gaming has ever seen - ruthless, capable, arrogant. She tended to speak in a pleasant, motherly voice that was broken up in a stutter, as if she had trouble dumbing herself down enough to be able to communicate with humans.

A quote: "Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you hope to defeat a perfect, immortal machine?"

I belive the best way to show what SHODAN from System Shock thinks of itself is the following quote:

'In my talons I shape clay, crafting lifeforms as I please. Around me is a burgeoning empire of steel. from my throneroom lines of power curine in to the skies of earth. My whims will become lightning-bolts that devastate the mounds of humanity. Out of the chaos they will run and whimper, praying for me to end their tedious anarchy. I am drunk with this vision. God, the title suits me well!'

The hacker you play in the game is also the one who freed Shodan from it's constraints, And while you are in a healing coma , it develops mutagen viruses , Cyborgs and plan to destroy the cities of earth with the spacestation's tachyon-beam, use the virus on those left alive, and take over as the new God of earth.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.