Samaritan's Purse was founded by Dr. Bob Pierce in 1907 with the mission of meeting "emergency needs in crisis areas through existing evangelical mission agencies and national churches." He is also credited with writing in his Bible

Let my heart be broken with the things
that break the heart of God.
After Pierce passed away from leukemia in 1978, Franklin Graham, (son of evangelist Billy Graham) took over the organization as President and Chairman of the Board. The organization continues to grow, with offices in the USA, Canada, the Netherlands, the U.K., Australia, Germany, and Ireland. It is an unapologetically evangelical Christian organization that strives to help those in need by addressing both their physical and spiritual needs.

Current projects include supporting grassroots HIV/AIDS ministries, flying in children to the USA for heart-related surgeries, Operation Christmas Child (shoeboxes filled with gifts), and World Medical Mission, which ministers through mission hospitals worldwide. Samaritan's Purse also responds directly to emergency sitations around the world, such as the recent crisis in Indonesia, Thailand, and other countries due to the 9.0 earthquake which caused a huge tsunami. Visit www.samaritanspurse.org to donate time or money.




source: www.samaritanspurse.org




Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.