Saratoga County is one of 62 counties in New York State. It borders Washington County and Rensselaer County on the east, Albany County and Schenectady County on the south, Montgomery County, Fulton County, and Hamilton County on the west, and Warren County on the north. Its current population is around 200,000.

Saratoga County was created on February 7, 1791, during the administrative break-up of Albany County. It was named after the Iroquois word "Se-rach-ta-gue" meaning "the hillside country of the quiet river."

The village of Ballson Spa was selected as the county seat. The county government is now set up into a system in independent sections, broken into two "cities", nine "villages" and nineteen "towns".

Cities:

  • Saratoga Springs
  • Mechanicville

    Villages:

  • Ballston Spa (County Seat)
  • Clifton Park
  • Corinth
  • Galway
  • Round Lake
  • Schuylerville
  • South Glens Falls
  • Stillwater
  • Waterford
  • Towns:

  • Ballston Spa
  • Charlton
  • Clifton Park
  • Corinth
  • Day
  • Edinburg
  • Galway
  • Greenfield
  • Hadley
  • Half Moon
  • Malta
  • Milton
  • Moreau
  • Northumberland
  • Providence
  • Saratoga
  • Stillwater
  • Waterford
  • Wilton
  • Saratoga County was the location of the American Revolution Battles of Saratoga, and is also home to the famous Saratoga Race Course, the Petrified Sea Gardens, and the potato chip. The mineral springs in Saratoga Springs make it a wildly popular tourist spot.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.