display | more...

Originally built by Richard D'Oyly Carte on a vacant site off The Strand in 1881 as the home of Gilbert and Sullivan´s Operas, it was the first theatre in London with electric lighting. In the 1930s, the Theatre's interior was remodelled in art deco style. It was restored again in 1990 after a fire destroyed the auditorium.

It is not the place to do any stomping!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.